Thunder's Pack Canine Training offers the following courses:
- Puppy Handling: A puppy is cute and cuddly, a blank page, whose story is yet to be written. The way you handle your dog at this point begins to write that story and defines the relationship you begin to build with them. If you are able to communicate with them in the language they instinctively understand, they know where they belong in your family, or as they see it, their pack. This can reduce a lot of the problems that can occur as puppies get older and become mature dogs. Puppies go through a lot of changes, begining about four months. Because of this many trainers will suggest that you wait till after this time. I disagree. You must remember that a puppy's attention span and memory are still very short, and you will have to keep modeling the behaviors that you want through out this perioid. However, it really is never too soon to begin communicating and guiding your puppy to a balanced life and relationship.
- Basic Dog Obedience Training: Even if you do everything wrong with your puppy, or you got your dog a little older, basic obedience training gives you the chance to rewrite the story and the relationship with your dog. It starts with exercises that build their focus on you, then teaches them to sit, stay, come on command, and walk with you on a leash. This is also where you begin if things have gone awry with your dog and your relationship.
- Advanced Dog Obedience Training: Once the foundation has been laid with basic obedience, you can begin to further their understanding and enhance your relationship by extending the time and distance of the basic commands and adding new behaviors like retrieving a ball, catching a Frisbee, and more.
- "Difficult Dog 101": Some breeds of dogs can be more willful than others. Dogs also have different personalities. Just because a person had a good experience with a particular breed doesn't mean their current dog of that breed will respond the same as the pet they had before. "Difficult Dog 101" is a more intensive obedience course designed for the stubborn or willful dog
- Behavior Modification: Dogs can't sit on a couch and tell us what is wrong with them and why they are behaving the way they are. Often times traumas that occur can cause unseen scars that produce negative behaviors. Behavior modification helps to re-introduce situations that cause negative behaviors in a positive way to return them to balance.
- Rehabilitating Aggressive Dogs: There are a couple of types of aggressive behavior. Some are from traumas the dog has experienced, some are from the natural personality of the dog. In most cases, providing the cause is not a genetic deficiency, the behavior can be adjusted.
- Agility Training: Agility Training is an excellent way to keep our dogs exercised, mentally stimulated, and socially engaged. It's also a great way to further the bond with your pet. The sky is the limit with agility, from just good exercise for both of you, or the social and achievement aspects of competition.